11 July 2017 Revised 31 Oct 2017
On the “Services” page of NIPC Law, I described the services that I offer generally. Here are the services that I offer specifically to businesses and individuals and their professional advisers in Yorkshire and the Humber.
- Initial Advice and Signposting I offer a free online intellectual property clinic to businesses and individuals in Yorkshire 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
- Local Advisory Services I refer clients to other services such as the Business and IP Centres in Leeds, Sheffield and Hull, CIPA’s IP Clinics, IP Pro Bono or other IP professionals such as patent or trade mark attorneys, specialist solicitors, product development consultants and IP insurance brokers.
- Workshops and Seminars I give regular presentations on IP and technology law throughout the region. Some are addressed to IP professionals such as patent or trade mark attorneys and solicitors while others are given to makers and creators, entrepreneurs and innovators and their agent and private equity investors.
- Meetings Whenever it will save time and costs and with the consent of everybody involved, I will accept instructions and advise by Skype, Google Hangouts or telephone to save travelling time and costs. If it is necessary to meet in person I will try to do so either at the most convenient place for the client or his or her other professional advisers.
- Business and Property Courts in Leeds Wherever possible I settle proceedings in the Intellectual Property lists, Technology and Construction Court and Circuit Commercial Court sitting in Leeds. In cases that have to proceed in the Patents Court, Intellectual Property Enterprise Court or the Intellectual Property Office I encourage the tribunal to sit in Leeds wherever it will save time and costs.